Monday, April 7, 2014

Mystery Toy

Annette bought a couple of weird little bits of bric-a-brac the other day, one of which is this die-cast pencil sharpener.

It looks to me like something out of a Japanese cartoon, and the helmeted head at the front seems strangely familiar, but I just can't put my finger on where it's from.

Is it a Transformer of some kind? (Note: pencil sharpener does not transform into anything.)

Here's a close-up shot of the thing's head.

Anybody got any clue where this comes from, or who or what it's meant to be? It's got me stumped.

Aha!

Thanks to the magic of letting-others-do-the-work-for-me-on-the-internet, I now know that this is
"Duke Freed’s flying-saucer based super robot platform, the Spazer, from the old-timey Gay 90s magic lantern drama UFO Robo Grendizer. Or “Grandizer” if you prefer",
according to Let's Anime.

Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment