Thursday, December 4, 2014

First Leadlight

I've been doing a short 10-hour course (over 5 weeks) on stained glass and leadlighting. This is the first result.

It's 665 x 330 mm, and loosely based on the sorts of designs I've seen in buildings by Frank Lloyd Wright.

It will be one of two, to go beside our front door. The windows there are presently filled with some fairly crappy textured uncoloured glass; I'll leave those panes in place, and seat the leadlights inside them, held in place with wood beading. That way I won't have to mess about removing the existing glass, or worry about whether or not they're weatherproof (though the windows are pretty completely sheltered from the weather in any case).

I have to say, I am smugly pleased with this first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment