Friday, August 23, 2013

Parking Is Such Sweet Sorrow

You don't get much paving for a hundred bucks.

That little grey patch of egg-carton-looking things in the middle of the photo? That's a hundred bucks worth of grass pavers sitting lonely out in our front lawn.

Eventually that little patch will expand to form a fully-operational parking bay, so that next winter I won't have to slosh through a quagmire of mud to get to and from my car, as I have this winter. I'll be needing roughly six times that many to cover the area I want to cover, but I'm putting them in piecemeal for two reasons: first, because I don't have six hundred spare bucks all in a lump, and second, because I only have a little car and can only transport so many at a time.

Once they're all in place, I intend to plant prostrate thymes and the like in amongst them.

No comments:

Post a Comment